Where Is My Legal Point of Discharge

We cannot provide information on the legal point of deleveraging a property until the property has been released. The legal discharge point is the point determined by the Council to which rainwater from a parcel of land must be discharged. In urban areas, this would be the rainwater drain of the council or the curb and canal. In rural areas, this is usually table runoff on an adjacent road, but can also include discharge into a dam, natural stream, or on-site spread. The legal discharge point is a point determined by the municipal council where rainwater must be drained from a property. The main discharge point designated by the Council shall be the nearest pit or discharge of sufficient depth and capacity, or determined alternately by an official of the Council. The document indicates the point on the site where rainwater should be drained. The legal discharge point is where rainwater from your property flows into a council-managed drain or into the curb and canal. To find this location, you must request that a report be generated. We cannot provide this information orally. Drains, pipes and hard surface drains such as entrances must be controlled within property lines, runoff water must be collected on private property and then discharged at the legal discharge point (LPD). To obtain a legal disposal point from us, fill out the application form with the Rainwater Legal Office. Information on what a legal discharge point is and how to get permission to connect to the rainwater drain.

Rainwater falling on a building or development must be collected and conveyed through underground pipes to a legal discharge point. This is usually the case: you can ask the municipality for a legal discharge report indicating where the drainage of rainwater from your land should be routed. Please note that no oral legal advice on termination will be given and all responses will be made by email. No. While we have information about where rainwater should drain. We do not receive any information about where rainwater from the property area is connected. A plumber would probably be a better option. Also known as By-law 610, LPOD or LPD, a legal discharge point certificate indicates the point at which rainwater flows from a property into a community-managed drain, as well as the location of the pipes on the property. A legal discharge point certificate is essential for planning your stormwater and drainage points. You are responsible for your drains until the connection (the legal discharge point) to our subsurface drainage system, curb and canal or built roadway. Ah, drainage – where would we be without it? Imagine life with overflowing showers, sinks that don`t empty and backyards that flood.

No thank you! Of course, your sinks and basins aren`t the only drains on your property – let us introduce you to a concept known as a legal disposal site. Each property has a legal disposition point. Before work can begin on the property, it`s important that you meet all your obligations – and that includes billing the disposal site. There is only one question: what is a legal recovery point anyway? As part of the legal discharge point assessment, CCTV recordings of surrounding drainage systems may be requested for larger construction sites. If a cleaning is necessary, it will be paid for and carried out by us. Post-work recordings are required to confirm that drains were protected during the work. A legal discharge point is the point where rainwater is directed from buildings or developments on your property. Where possible, rainwater may flow by gravity into the pipes and not be pumped without the prior consent of infrastructure personnel. For smaller areas, a pump drain can be considered, but it must be connected to our underground drainage system. Details should be clarified beforehand with infrastructure employees. You may need a legal discharge report when applying for a building permit.

You can also read our subsurface drainage guidelines below. Read our User Guide for the Report and Consent app (PDF 2.4 MB) for more information on submitting an online application, including how to create a new username, reset your password, and make payments. If you are unsure of the location of stormwater infrastructure on your property or the depth and size of the pipes, this report will prove useful. You will receive an application number after payment and your application will be forwarded for processing. How to apply for a legal discharge point: The public stormwater drainage system in Yarra is managed in partnership by Yarra City Council and Melbourne Water. The Council has no information on the exact location and depth of drains and pits. You must pay an application fee of $149.40 with your application. There is no need to request stormwater drain sanitation and maintenance.

Your land surveyor must consider this report before issuing a building permit. Council does not keep records of stormwater pipes around homes. This report does not include a private stormwater drainage plan. Location Pipe size Pipe depth Pipe offset measurements Type of pipe. Melbourne Water is responsible for the supply and maintenance of the main drains and we manage the remaining public drainage system in Yarra. Anyone who builds or renovates needs a legal discharge point certificate. A map of rainwater assets can be provided upon request to display indicative details. For more information, please contact the Assets and Drainage team at (03) 9599 4444 during office hours.

You must apply for an LPA if changes to the design of the stormwater watershed are proposed within the boundaries of the title. This includes all changes to the roofline, gutters, downspouts, pits, pipes, sumps, rain gardens up to the LPD. Depending on the boxes checked on the application form, you will receive: Water from a roof or hard surfaces such as driveways, roads or walking trails flows into rainwater drains. This rainwater flows into our waterways and eventually into Port Phillip Bay. Access all your real estate information through PSI Global`s online portal, including bushfire attack level reports and energy reports. Detached, double occupancy or small businesses can direct rainwater to the sidewalk and channel it into the street next to the property if there are no underground drains nearby. You can contact our drainage engineers via this online inquiry form or by calling 9205 5555. We will process the request within 10-15 business days. It may take longer if we need more information after this assessment. A Commission official will forward a written request if this is the case. Learn more about the different phases and time slots of the application – the lags that are relevant to the named area in the application form, if available.

The permit is a requirement for any structure with a rainwater system and requiring a building permit. As stipulated in the Building Code (2018), Reg.133 (2). General information about the infrastructure under your property can be found on the Dial Before You Dig website. This is a free service. This certificate, signed on behalf of the Manager of Engineering and Transportation, provides details on stormwater infrastructure that a contractor must consider in its construction. You must submit video surveillance equipment that meets the following standard: Visit the Yarra Standard Drawings page to find our standard drawings Drainage information relates to stormwater drainage functions such as: – a standard drawing of the required pipe connection. The owner is responsible for all stormwater drainage on their property and the stormwater runoff section from the property to the municipal drain, as shown in the photo. Applicants should allow up to 10 business days.

Please ensure that the information on the application form is clear. Incomplete information may increase the time required to process the permit. Payments can be made in person in cash or by credit card at any Commission office. Money orders and cheques are also accepted.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.